Tuesday 10 February 2009

about The Ride


Land's End to John O'Groats in 11 days.

Approximately 1,000 miles - though the detail of the route is not yet clear - but having read the journals and blogs of other riders, and considering folks that can be met on route, I've decided to go via Liskeard, Tiverton/Taunton, Monmouth, Wem, Garstang (my nearest stop to Blackpool), north of Penrith, Larkhall/South of Glasgow, Bridge of Orchy, Drumnadrochit, Helmsdale.... from where... (if all goes to plan) I ride to John O'Groats.
Each of the places named is an anticipated stopping place but once the detailed route (and more importantly the mileage) is worked out, there may be a slight revision.

With the loss of my riding partner - to academia, inertia and no doubt better 'husbanding' than I'll be able to muster due to days on the bike (I refer to issues of time rather than physical damage) - I will be riding solo. Janet & co. will be doing a synchronized series of days out, so whilst not having back-up on hand I'll have company when off the bike. I am however happy to have folks join me for a 'stage' or to meet up in the evenings... if you want more detail re dates, speeds, etc. just let me know via a post or e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment