Monday 13 April 2009

Day 8 - Back on the road (Glasgow to Glencoe)



Day 8 started in Glasgow, on road surfaces as bad as those by Ullswater.. so the wrist took a pounding early on but with a combination of pain killers and improving scenery I headed north to Loch Lomond, Crianlarich, Tyndrum (where I could have stopped at the B&B), Bridge of Orchy (where I was due to stop) into the Highlands and to Glencoe (chairlift not village). The extra miles were an investment in case Day 9 was tougher on the wrist and it was easier to continue as the scenery was the best yet by far; after the loch, snow capped peaks, bubbling rivers, a piper in the layby...etc.


I passed a couple of resting riders that looked familiar and they could have been two of three Cancer Research riders that briefly, and unknowingly, helped me on Day 2 when I joined them for 'turn taking' and shelter for a half-mile hill.


In all, nearly 84 miles at nearly 16 mph before the rain came down and I was ready to be taken back to Tyndrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment